This “how-to” seminar will put your body in the pool for 2 days of advanced skill acquisition. Why sit through another lecture on fluid-mechanics or the unique properties of water? You’ve been practicing
in the water for years.
Instead, learn advanced handling techniques from international superstar instructor, Peggy Schoedinger, PT. After this course, you will leave with new, concrete skills and the confidence to apply them to your musculoskeletal and neurological patients. And you’ll have a blast doing it.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the underlying principles behind each aquatic therapy treatment approach so that the therapist is able to easily adapt techniques for each patient as appropriate.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the indications and precautions in the use of Bad Ragaz, Watsu, Halliwick, aquatic manual therapy, trunk stabilization, and functional skills training for orthopedic and neurologic patient populations.
3. Understand the unique benefits of the aquatic environment, and use aquatic therapy techniques to
decrease hypertonicity, increase ROM, decrease pain, improve trunk stability, improve balance and proprioception, and improve functional skills.
4. Design integrated and comprehensive aquatic treatment programs for neurologic and orthopedic patient populations incorporating and blending a variety of aquatic therapy techniques, and utilizing each technique at the appropriate stage in rehabilitation.
5. Use and modify different positions and activities in the water to first assist and then challenge
each unique patient by utilizing metacentric effects, turbulence and buoyancy.
6. Demonstrate handling skills for patients in the water which maximize each patient’s learning experience and thereby improve the patient’s pre-functional component skills and functional skills.