Has anyone heard of a realease date yet for the new LG course?  I always thought it was this fall, but my chapter and the RC instructor corner has no information listed.  We are already planning our spring classes/courses.  Any thoughts or know any where I can get an update?

Thanks in advance.

Faron

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rumor has it....late October?  I heard it will be a bit shorter at 25 hours but you are correct, I haven't seen anything official.
Thanks for the update. It still does not help us when we are planning for spring already and our brochure will be printed by then. :-(

I just learned today they are looking at December or January. 

Have you received the email with sample chapters from the text and IM? This email says January 2012 and that it will be a 2 year certification. Here is the URL: 

https://www.shopstaywell.com/OA_HTML/ARCHTML/Lifeguarding_2011previ...

My brochure info is due now too.  It is too bad they pushed back the date so much.  I don't want to post wrong info, yet I don't want to put "check back later" either.

Michelle,

Keep an eye on Instructors Corner in the coming week(s)....I believe the ARC is aware that there are many that have spring brochure deadlines and I think they will be posting something to help.

In the worst case, put a class(es) in your brochure using the current program time frame (I believe the new program will be shorter)...and you may need to send letters to those that register for the class about what will be required pre-course.

An e-mail just went out to instructors ans APs.....if you didn't get it you better make sure your contact info with the ARC is current - especially on Instructors Corner - program will release in January.

The new release of the American Red Cross Lifeguard course is due to be released the end of the year.  Next moth already!  That is the talk around town.

Hi all.  Thanks Donald - you are right -please ensure your contact information is up to date with us to stay informed.  The core Lifeguarding program will release in January 2012 with Junior Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Management and the Aquatic Examiner Service releasing in the spring.

I recently presented a session at NRPA Congress and Expo about the new program - you can look at the powerpoint presentation at instructorscorner.org, it should be posted by the end of the week.  You can also preview sample chapters of the participant and instructor's manuals at www.redcross.org/previewkits.

Take steps to get ready for the update by visiting Instructor's Corner and ensuring yur account is up to date or register as a new user - www.instructorscorner.org.  Then contact the Training Support Center at 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to get your username and password for the learning center.  Every instructor and instructor trainer is urged to confirm that their Person Record in the Learning Center account is accurate to receive all important communications.  It is really important to do this step as you will need to log in and verify that you completed the Lifeguarding update, so you will definitely need this information ahead of time. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by AI Connect.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service