Hi,

I am checking out how many hours of lap swim you have in your facility.

Thank you!

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Typical week we have:

25-27 hours for lap swim only, this does not include we have 4 lanes available during our open swim.

Faron,

What is the size of your facility? 

Indoor pool, 25 yards (8 lanes) with an additional 10 yards of shallow end.  Small wading pool, spa
We have about 24 hours in a typical week. This also doesn't account for the one or two lanes open during open swim which is about another 10 hours a week.
Currently, we are open for lap swim from 6:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Mon-Fri, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Sat, and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Sun. I do not recommend offering lap swim all day though. We are going to be closing lap swim from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. for a few reasons, low attendance during that time, cost of guards for low attendance, and to offer more lanes to swim teams.

We have 8 year-round pools that offer lap swim anywhere from 7 to 25 hours each week depending on the neighborhood, client needs, and operational hours budgeted for each site, etc...

I think the bigger question may be what percentage of time that the pool is open is allocated to lap swim versus other programs. Number of hours of lap swim doesn't really tell the story that time available versus time for lap swim tells. If your pool is budgeted to be open 40 hours/week and you have 20 hours of lap swim that is pretty good for lap swimmers, but if it were open 40 and only 5 hours were for lap swim that might be a differnet story.

Ricardo,

Our seasonal pool at Roberts is only for lap swim 1 hour a day, 4 days a week for the summer season. However, our draw for lap swimmers is at our lakes where they can swim pretty much all year around with or without a wetsuit.

RSS

© 2019   Created by AI Connect.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service