URGENT - Levels of Certifications held by Aquatic Supervisors

What certifications do you, as an Aquatic Supervisor hold, and what is your level of experience?

Looking for information to provide administrators to help them understand the importance of aquatic background and trainings for anyone taking a supervisor position over aquatic programming.

We are already referring to the requirements outlined in the MAHC, but looking for any other key points to cover. We also thought listing how many other entities have experienced, certified supervsiors would be helpful, especially if you are in California.

Please list where you are, and what certs you hold, and level of experience. Thanks for helping us protect the aquatics industry!

Views: 701

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Currently located in the Bay Area, I started lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons in 1994 and have been in and out of the aquatics profession.  Collectively, I have 7 years of mid-administrator supervisory experience in the industry.  

My current certifications include:

LGI

WSIT

Instructor level certs for Lay Responder courses

CPO

I am also currently pursuing a certificate in supervision and management at a local community college, and am planning to enroll in business related classes such as marketing and finance.  I also plan to pursue a masters degree in Recreation Management in the near future.  

I am in Charlottesville, VA and have about 30 years experience.  Here are my certs:

• Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (American Red Cross)
  • CPR for the Professional Rescuer with AED Instructor Trainer (American Red Cross)
  • Standard First Aid Instructor Trainer (American Red Cross)
  • Aquatic Facility Operator Instructor (National Recreation & Parks Association)
  • Water Safety Instructor (American Red Cross)
  • Lifeguard Instructor (American Red Cross)
  • CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED Instructor (American Red Cross)
  • Community First Aid & Safety Instructor (American Red Cross)
  • Preventing Disease Transmission Instructor (American Red Cross)
  • Sport Safety Training Instructor (American Red Cross)
  • Community Water Safety Instructor (American Red Cross)
  • Certified Parks & Recreation Professional (National Recreation & Parks Association)
  • Certified Aquatic Facility Operator (National Recreation & Parks Association)
  • Certificate of Aquatic Management (National Recreation & Parks Association)
  • Lifeguard (American Red Cross)
  • CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED (American Red Cross)
  • Community First Aid & Safety (American Red Cross)
  • Preventing Disease Transmission (American Red Cross)
  • Emergency Response Planning (National Swimming Pool Foundation)
  • Aquatics Risk Management (National Swimming Pool Foundation)
  • Aquatic Facility Audits (National Swimming Pool Foundation)
  • Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (Living Works)

RSS

© 2018   Created by AI Connect.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service